含有动词say的要紧口语总结
1. I can’t [couldn’t] say.
表示委婉的否定,意为:我不了解;我说不准。如:
A:Will we win? 大家会赢吗?
B:I can’t say. 我说不准。
A:When will the meal be ready? 饭什么做好?
B:I couldn’t say. 我说不准。
A:Do you think he will come on time? 你觉得他会按时来吗?
A:I couldn’t say. 我不了解。
2. I’ll say!
用于强调一定或表示赞同,意为:当然是! 当然可以! 确实这样! 我正想说呢! 如:
A:Do you like English? 你喜欢英语吗?
B:I’ll say! 当然啦!
A:Does he come often? 他常来吗?
B:I’ll say! Nearly every day. 可不!差不多天天都来。
A:Did the children enjoy themselves at the party? 孩子们在晚会上玩得开心吗?
B:I’ll say! 当然玩得开心啦!
3. I must say.
主要用来提出批评建议论或强调自己所说的话,意为:依我看;我得说;我要对你说。如:
But he doesn’t study hard, I must say! 但我得说他学习并不需要功。
Well, that’s clever, I must say! 嗯,依我看,那非常灵巧。
Well that’s daft, I must say. 依我看,那也太蠢了。
That’s some consolation, I must say. 真是的,那也算安慰。
4. I say.
1)用于引人注意,意为:喂! 我说! 如:
I say, can you lend me five pounds? 我说,能借给我五英镑吗?
I say! Did you say what he just did? 喂! 你看到他刚刚做了些吗?
2)表示惊讶、有兴趣、恼怒、遗憾等,意为:是吗! 好哇! 好家伙! 哎呀! 如:
I say! What a huge cake! 好家伙! 很大一块蛋糕!
I say! He’s late again. 哎呀,他又迟到了。
A:My husband is ill today. He can’t come. 我老公今天病了,他不可以来了。
B:I say! I’m sorry to hear that. 哎呀,太遗憾了。
5. I wouldn’t say no.
用来表示赞同或不反对,意为:我赞同;我不反对;好的;好哇! 如:
A:Have another drink? 再来一杯吗?
B:I wouldn’t say no. 好,再来一杯。
A:Fancy some coffee? 要来点咖啡吗?
B:I wouldn’t say no. 好哇。
A:Let’s go out for a walk, shall we? 大家出去走走吧,怎么样?
B:I wouldn’t say no. 好吧。
有时其后可接名词或代词:
I wouldn’t say no to a cup of coffee. 好吧,就来杯咖啡。