我一直以为 please 只用于祈使句。
Please come here. 请过来。
Don’t leave please. 请勿离开。
Please have some cake. 请吃点儿蛋糕。
Please leave a contact address. 请留下联系地址。
Please give me some paper. 请给我一些纸。
Turn in your homework, please. 请把家庭作业交上来。
但今天在《人教版高中英语新教程》“必学一”p2的第二页看到如此一句:
I’d like to have a student ID card, please.
请问please可以如此用在陈述句中吗?
是你误解了。其实please 不仅仅是用于祈使句,它完全可以用于带有请求意味或需要麻烦他们的陈述句或疑问句,以使语气更客气。如:
用于陈述句:
I’d like tea with sugar, please. 请给我来一杯加糖的茶。
I’d like two kilos of tomatoes,please. 我要买两公斤西红柿。
I’d like to cancel my booking, please.我想取消预约。
I’ll take all three shirts, please. 这三件衬夜我都要。
I’ll have a burger with fries, please.请给我一份汉堡包配薯条。
That will be 45 pence, please. 一共是 45 便士。
I wish to see the manager, please. 我想见经理。
用于疑问句:
Please may I come in? 请问我可以进去吗?
Can you go now, please? 请你目前走, 怎么样?
What’s your name, please? 请问你叫什么名字?
May I see your tickets, please? 请出示入场券。
Would you help me, please? 请帮帮我,怎么样?
Would you please come over? 请过来一下怎么样?
Could I have a glass of water, please?请给我一杯水怎么样?
另外,please还常常用于省略句,包含某些省略后只剩下一个名词或名词短语的状况。如:
Tickets, please. 请把票拿出来。
This way, please! 这边走,请!
Two beers, please. 劳驾,来两杯啤酒。
Initial here, please. 请在这儿签上名字首字母。
Black coffee, no sugar, please. 请给我清咖啡,不加糖,谢谢。